Also during the run, I tested out Tri Berry flavored Gu. I wasn't too hopeful being that the last time I tried Gu it tasted like Strawberry Banana flavored SNOT but I decided I would give it a second shot. This time I was underwhelmed to find that it tasted like Tri Berry flavored SNOT. That stuff makes me gag, although it does provide a noticeable amount of energy. I think I'm going to give some other options a shot and forgo Gu-ing for the time being. Besides, I suspect my current running issues have more to do with hydration than energy for the time being since I'm not running any heavy duty distance as of yet.
After the run, we stayed talking with our friends till late and I didn't end up getting to bed till 1am. What's worse this morning I was straving (being that I can eat solid foods after I run) and I was craving McDonald's of all things! EWWWWW! Thankfully, I weighed myself (and being that I was at the low end of my weight zone) I told myself NO WAY I'm messing this up! made myself a yummy egg white sandwich instead! YAY ME!
Today, my knee woke up a tid bit sore so I am weighing the pros and cons of a 3 mile run verses P90x.
Have a happy hump day everybody!
Awesome of you to choose egg whites over mickey D's!
ReplyDeleteI like the Clif Shot blocks; they taste WAAAY better than the Gus I think, and easier to eat, too.
I wonder what's going on with your foot? I've never had pins and needles while running; but I think trying new shoes would be a good idea.
Sorry to hear about your pins and needles, hopefully you'll get it sorted out...
ReplyDeleteIt took me forever to find a gel I liked, I finally found one...it's called Gin-Sting, they're made from natural honey www.honeystinger.com