My race ritual of setting everything out the night before helped to calm me. How can you stay nervous when you can see everything is ready, right, right?
Well, I was still Nervous!
That's where Mr. Boyfriend stepped in. He suggested a nice leisurely walk to the restaurant and a wonderful dinner. I ordered a terrific Pasta and Scallops dish which very much hit the spot. Then we walked back to the hotel and I got some rest.
I was terrified of oversleeping so I set the room's alarm clock, requested a wake up call and set up my Garmin's alarm and was finally able to get to sleep.
The next morning.
Everything was set out and ready which was a great relief and I set out for a .7 m walk from the Hotel to the start line which I considered my warm-up.
Ok, I admit it, I love South Florida!
The weather was a chilly 69 degrees at the start but I new as soon as the sun started to rise, the day would be beautiful. The highest it was expect to rise (during our run) was 75 degrees making it wonderful race temperature.
The race course is B.E.A.utiful! You run past Las Olas on the A1A and the finish line is right on the beach. I just wanted to take my shoes off and jump in! But it's not completely flat. There are a couple of bridges and a tunnel to contend with. But still a great course.
The race course is B.E.A.utiful! You run past Las Olas on the A1A and the finish line is right on the beach. I just wanted to take my shoes off and jump in! But it's not completely flat. There are a couple of bridges and a tunnel to contend with. But still a great course.

Overall Place: 1644 of 2030 (19th Percentile)
Age Group Place: 165 of 201 (18th Percentile)
10K Finish Time: 1:12:41
Finish Time: 2:35:59
Net Time: 02:33:44
Average Pace: 11:45
Age Group Place: 165 of 201 (18th Percentile)
10K Finish Time: 1:12:41
Finish Time: 2:35:59
Net Time: 02:33:44
Average Pace: 11:45
Well considering that my Garmin was off by a half mile, my goals were less than accurate but I am still very happy with my finish time.
I stuck with the Firemen. I was on their tails the whole time :)
Today is a rest day before I start my ING Training tomorrow!
Here we go again :)
Event Notes:
- The Event Website said "NO IPODS" but on the day of they just requested that you wear one ear only or keep the volume down so you can hear what the volunteer's are saying. I still perfer to run without ipods but I know some people who don't.
- The Event was very well put together and organized.
- The had a special breakfast of Pancakes and Pina Coloda's ... I didn't really feel like eating but I still thought that was cute!






Way to go! You did amazing! I have to run with my iPod! I can't imagine running without it.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, congrats! I had to laugh when I read that it was a chilly 69 degrees, it was 33 degrees when I got up this morning!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job with your half!! The scenery does look awesome.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the chilly 69 degree part too. I would not describe 69 anywhere near chilly.
I know I'm WAAY late on this, but CONGRATS!!! Awesome job on your first half :)
ReplyDelete