If you started on the actual first, I salute you, but I know most people (at least in the circles I run in) postponed everything till today ... and I was one of them.
So here we go:
First off, my last post was about a 10 day running hiatus. I didn't run that day but instead foamed rolled the heck out of my back in preparation for a New Years Eve 5 miler the next morning which went very well (considering).

Followed by another 3 day hiatus due to this weather.
Now, I admit, I do not fare well in cold weather. I fled Kentucky at birth because I do not fare well in cold weather. I'm just not used it being that we get a whole 3 days of cold weather a year in Miami.
So the weather is affecting me :( I don't want it too but I decided this morning that today I will over come it!
Then, as if to affirm my convictions, I received a little boost of motivation ... I got my Dailymile 2009 Year End Report

Not bad for my first year ... could have made 900 but I won't cry over spilled milk :)
Regardless it got me all motivated to get moving today ... and then I realized ... We are 27 days out from Marathon day! YIKES! I need to get this plan in motion!
I've penned my resolution list, which is over ambitious as usual but do-able I think:
Resolutions:
HEALTH:
- Run a Marathon - Signed up for 1/31/2009
- Run 1000 Miles in 2010
- Run a sub-30 5k
- Do 10 Races this year
- Complete Martial Arts Training (Currently 3rd Degree Brown Belt, One step off from Black)
- Complete Challenges:
- 100 Push-Up Challenge
- 200 Sit-Up Challenge
- 200 Squat Challenge
FINANCIAL:Now I'm off to warm up and get with my Audio Book Listening.CAREER:
- Pay off all Credit Card Debt
- Create a 3 month Emergency Fund
KNOWLEDGE:
- Start my Masters Program
- Do the 4 Hour Work Week Speed Reading Guide
TRAVEL:
- Read 40 Books this year (Audio Books Count ;) preferable from The Modern Library's Top 100 List (But for now I will start today with The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown)
- Learn 12 New Songs for Guitar/Bass (I'm starting with Seven Nation Army from the White Stripes and Love Song from the Cure on Bass and Mad About You by Sting for Guitar)
- Study Italian
- Go to Georgia
- Go to Cuba or Puerto Rico
- Go to Machu Picchu or Israel (which ever one the family finally decides on :)
On Deck for tonight is an Easy 5 Miler to ease me into this year in running :)
Happy First Monday of 2010!
Very cool - I just started using dailymile!
ReplyDeleteGreat goals! I heard Miami was a bit chilly!
ReplyDeleteI love your resolutions list! I need to start reading more too....
ReplyDeleteGreat goals. I like how you broke them into different categories
ReplyDeleteFantastic goals! I'm impressed!
ReplyDelete