This week, I have alternated my outside runs with treadmill runs. The first time it was for convenience, it was raining and I didn't want to bail on my run, but the second time I genuinely wanted to run on the treadmill.
Both times they were supposed to be easy four miler recovery type runs. Nothing fancy, just easy as she goes.
But both times, being that my itchy button pressing finger got antsy, I kept inching up the speed causing me to run just a little faster than I normally would.
The by product being yesterday's tempo run where I hit multiple 10s, which was a wonderful surprise to me!
Now don't get me wrong, I have no intention of replacing all my runs with treadmill runs, specially not my long runs but I am scheduling in the occasional tready appointment.
I feel like it keeps my recovery runs honest (does that make sense?) and keeps me from going too easy (a habit I need to work on breaking).
Final stats:
Distance: 4.635
Time: 50:00:00
Pace: 11:27
On Deck
- Tonight is a rest day but I'd like to do a little bit of strength training, maybe pick up my Push-up/Sit-up/Squat Challenge again. Also, Mr. Boyfriend and I are having a date night, going to catch Rhythm in the Park where we hope to see the Spam Allstars :)
- Tomorrow I have a 9 miler penciled in. I plan to practice my 4:1 ratio.
I think I am getting better with the treadmill too. With that said, once it gets warmer, the love affair will be over!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your running is going well! Hope you had a fun date!
ReplyDeleteme + treadmill = boredom.
ReplyDeleteGlad it works for you!