I was underwhelmed by my result of 36:58.Pretty much no change from a month ago.
I also logged a distance of 3.6 on my Garmin meaning that I still have some more calibrating to do.
It also means I have alot more training to do.
But looking for the positive points:
- I was able to keep up with people who looked alot fitter than me.
- I felt no shin pain or shin splits
- I ran without my Ipod and it felt good (so no more excuses when I forget it in the future).
- Mom ran a good race and again I went back for her and helped her finish strong. :)
- Mom is totally excited about our next race 13.1 Fort Lauderdale



We got our JAM on, I took some outstanding photos and watched some fabulous fireworks! :)
Have an Outstanding Monday!
One month isn't a lot of time for a big drop in time. You are doing great. Good for you for staying positive! (The thing that helped me the most with speed is interval training, FYI.)
ReplyDeleteYou're doing awesome! And maybe the race WAS longer than 3.1 miles. And you will get faster! So keep up the great work you're doing. And I agree with B.o.B above; interval speed work helped me a lot with speed. Good for your mom for finishing strong, too! And yay for no shin pain!
ReplyDelete