"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."
Today is Thankful Thursday and boy do I have some things to be thankful for!- Frederick Keonig
1. I am thankful that I have enough technical prowess to change the battery on my Garmin Forerunner 50.
Let me tell you, it was no easy feat!2. I am thankful that we are at two and a half weeks!
There is a reason that the Forerunner Manual says to take it to a professional ... and now I know what it is .... but I digress ... let me begin at the beginning.
My Garmin Forerunner 50 has been flashing low battery for the last couple of days, something that I suspect comes from me leaving it in my gym bag on multiple occasions, where it turns on (by it's own shear will) and logs for 37 hours (it's happened more than once) hence I was not surprised when the LOW BATT sign came up on the screen.
I decided I should do a little research and quickly found some very detailed instructions HERE.
I was illated.
It seemed very do-able and I have great detailed instructions. So after work (and my run) I went grabbed a fresh battery and the screwdrivers I would require and got to making the change.
I got to step 8 and thought I was home free ... until it says to go back to step 6.
Oh, boy was that a PAIN IN MY RUMPUS!!!!
You have to get the battery in just right ... "sliding it in from the lower right to the upper left so it presses against the leaf spring and then set down into the battery case" ... suddenly the battery became a Mexican Jumping Bean.Then you have to get the clear plastic to stay in place while you then have to slide the clip in ... "the end with the small opening goes in first at the lower left (7:30 position in the diagram to the left) and then the larger end is pressed down and in at the upper right to latch it in place" .... it would not get in there! After much frustration, I decided to bend it slightly with my tweezers to get it to spring a bit before getting it in.
To make matters worse, the entire thing had come out of the plastic casing during step 4 and when I got it in I didn't realize I had put it in upside down until after I had screwed on all 4 screws ... ERGHHH!
Then when I get the screws off again and get it out ... it all springs apart and I had to start all over again ... DOUBLE ERGHHHH!
This time everything came together with alot less trouble ... I guess the 87 times I had tried before were great practice and the battery grew out of it's Mexican Jumping Bean Phase ... and I was able to get it in, back in the plastic casing and the backing screwed on with minor trouble (that is what I had been hoping for since the beginning) ... so it is DO-ABLE.
Once I got it all back together I felt like McGuyver ;} hehe
Tip: When you do this make sure you have your patience with you ... you will need it but it is something you can do yourself.
BOY, is Mr. Boyfriend doing terrific! He quit smoking 18 days ago and he is doing great! He's a brand new person! He's feeling great, so much more positive and I even think our relationship is improving ... THAT SMOKE-DETER STUFF IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!?!?!3. I am thankful that I get over things quickly!
Sunshine was broken into this Monday. (Sunshine is my Yellow FJ Cruiser ... yes, I named my car Sunshine!?! You got a problem with that?)
We're actually not sure how or at what time that evening it was broken into and the only real casualty was my Ipod Classic (I still have my Ipod Nano for my runs) but I still went through the formality of closing my bank account because I am pretty sure there was a check book in my car that I can't find now.
I've gone through the five stages:1. Denial: I thought Mr. Boyfriend had left my car AWFULLY messy the night before when he borrowed it. My car couldn't have been broken into!?!I do tend to let things get to me more than most ... but thankfully I get over things quickly.
2. Anger: UNBELEIVEABLE! THEY BROKE INTO MY CAR RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!
3. Bargaining: This one came out more as feeling violated and how I would protect myself.
4. Depression: I MISS MY IPOD!?!?
5. Acceptance: Now I can get the IPOD Nano or IPOD Touch and get the Nike + package :}
Onward and upward :)
Yesterday's run was ok. I did my first Hills workout ... 3XHills. I did a mile "warm-up" before going on to do my newly acquired Hill. It measures a .25 mi (.125mi up and .125mi down ... the OCD part of me loves the exactitude of it). I did it 3 times and then looped back to the beginning as a "cool-down" ending with 2.75 mi in 36:59 ... not great but not horrible considering it was quite hot.
I also tested out my new Mission Fast Drying SPF 30+ Sunscreen Spray and Mission Pomegranate SPF15 Lip Balmer. The Lip Balm tastes and feels great on my lips and the Sunscreen smells really good and was SUPER easy to apply. I felt really protected during my run and (it merit's saying again) it was quite HOT!Today, I'm supposed to go out for a group run. I've invited 5 of my co-workers. Let's see how it goes :)
Be thankful each and every day!

So sorry about your car. That is a bummer. Glad you are putting it into perspective. Hope your group run goes well tonight. AND tell Mr. Boyfriend congrats, that is AWESOME!
ReplyDelete