Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hard Start For An Easy Run

Last night, I got my Easy run in on the treadmill.

Again, I didn't want to do it. I felt so "blah", I didn't want to work out at all.

I convinced myself that I didn't HAVE to do 4 miles ... trying to be slick and just get myself on the treadmill ... I KNEW that once I got on it I wouldn't stop ... the problem was just getting started!

It is getting harder and harder for me to just get started ... even considering that I think I am infatuated with doing my easy runs on the treadmill because I am able to push myself and maintain my speed a lot longer than when I run on the streets. I am alternating my runs between street and treadmill for now and am highly enjoying it.

But it is still so difficult to just get started!

Once I did my warm up, I wanted to stop again but pushed through, set the treadmill at 5.1 and just got going.

Mile one done, I wanted to stop, but I told myself that if I did another 12 minutes I'd get two miles which was better than one.

Mile two done, I wanted to stop, but I told myself I was half way there ... only another 24 minutes. That's not that much.

Mile three done, I was counting down the minutes but I wasn't going to stop.

Mile four done, counting down the seconds now but so close to 50 minutes ... Can't stop!

Finished 50 minutes and got 4.25 miles.

Cool-down and relax!

YAY!

Final Stats
Distance: 4.25
Time: 0:50:00
Pace: 11:47 mm

Happy Hump Day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love being able able to alternate between outside and treadmill runs, both can be challenging in their own way. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the runs that will make you mentally strong so you can burn through your upcoming 8K and 1/2 mary. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that starting is the hardest part. Once I get started I can workout for hours. But before I start I am all hem-haw about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once started I am usually fine.

    ReplyDelete