I really didn't have any expectations being that I have never quite gotten the hang of tempo runs and technically I did the tempo part too fast and the rest part too slow.
But I still consider it went rather well. First time I've had multiple splits in the 10s even after a rest break and a cool-down in the 12s.
Score one for me!
Splits
| Tempo | 0.10 | 01:03.3 |
| Tempo | 1.00 | 10:32.6 |
| Rest | 0.25 | 04:16.5 |
| Tempo | 1.00 | 10:49.2 |
| Rest | 0.25 | 04:16.0 |
| Tempo | 1.00 | 10:41.0 |
| Rest | 0.25 | 04:04.8 |
| Tempo | 0.78 | 09:15.4 |
| Rest | 0.25 | 04:16.0 |
| Cool-Down | 1.00 | 12:27.6 |
Final stats:
Distance: 5.88
Time: 1:11:42
Pace: 12:12 (I'll be busting 11s in no time ;)
I'm trying to stay focused so I can break the 1:00:00 mark in my next race: The Carnival Miami Calle Ocho 8K but what I'm really looking forward to is the street dance of Latin music & conga lines after the race, WOO-HOO! :)
On deck for tonight is a repeat of Tuesday, easy 4 miler on the treadmill.
Have a great day!
Those are great splits Eliza. All this work will definitely pay off for the 8K...
ReplyDelete