I don't know what spirit took over my body yesterday but somehow after run/walking 2.8 miles with my co-worker (right after work around our office complex) I found myself at home, fiddling with my Garmin and heading off for another run. I fully intended for it to be just one mile to make up for a little bit of the walking ... ok, maybe I really needed to do two to make up the walking ... but by the time I got to the 2 mile turn around the spirit had a firm hold on me and I continued on to the 3 mile path.
I arrived at home 40 minutes later having done 3.2 miles after which I obviously didn't stretch nearly enough because an hour later I felt my muscles wincing and complaining (I really must stretch better after runs!).
Mind you I was only supposed to do a standard 3 mile run.
Today I feel every muscle in my body ... which after my past two week or so of slacking and lacking ... actually feels very motivating.
Today is kinda a rest day (switched it from Friday) so I have penciled in a bike practice of no more than 1.5M (I know it sounds like very little but I am still learning to ride so for me that's alot) and my Push-Up/Sit-up Challenge (begining from week 1 ... again).
Also, a toast to my 100th post ... and to the next hundred and the next and the next :)
Have a Humparicfic Hump day!
Glad you are back on it lady.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS on your 100th post! Woo hoo!
100! Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I agree with the stretching. When I don't do it, my muscles rebel.