Last nights run required every once of strength in my body. I set out at 5:55pm and was hoping for the completion of 6 miles but I wasn't going to be disappointed if I got only 5. This is my 'rest' week when I'm supposed to run a little less than normal so either would have been fine.
The run played out like a Boxing Match! Eliza Vs. THIRST in four rounds!
Round 1: I started out ok. Nice and slow but then I started to feel tired an above all thirsty. I looked at my Garmin and saw I had only run 1.67M. So I stopped my Garmin as it hit 20:00min. Popped the Gu Shot I was carrying and started over.I did find it to be a rather well rounded run and I did learn from it.
Round 2: I felt a little better. Still thirsty. I ran for another 20 minutes and FINALLY reached my 4 mile turn left and run home point. I had run a little better than before, 1.69M. But if I turned now that would leave me with barely 4 miles. I wanted a little more than that. I stoped my Garmin again and I ran straight forward and kept going!Round 3: I couldn't take it any longer. After about a half mile I ventured on to the golf course and took a couple swigs of water from one of the Gatorade containers (like the ones at foot ball games). I don't like doing this because I'm not a member of the Golf Course and I don't want to be chased down for steeling water .... I doubt it will happen but I'm paranoid like that. I felt so much better, a little guilty but AS thirsty! For the sake uniformity, I stopped my Garmin at 20:00 min again and noted I had run 1.69 again ... at least I'm consistent. :)
Round 4: After running only .5m into this round I was facing the turn-and-go-home point again. By this time thirst was winning. I contemplated venturing on to the Golf Course again but I knew I didn't ABSOLUTELY need to. My forefoot was aching and I just wanted to go home. But I wanted to finish even more. I pushed through and moved forward. I was running slower and even reached my walking pace at moments so I took some walking breaks. I ended up doing 1.54 M at the end of the 20:00min.
- Never leave home without a hydration plan!
I did some Yoga for Runners to get the kinks out and did a cool water bath for my leg soreness but didn't think the foot aching would last.
I was wrong!
Today my forefeet hurt like the dickens and my right arch is sore.
I am taking today as a rest day and massaging it with a Gel ball (really meant for your hands) and it's feeling better but it needs to be rested.
This Saturday I am hoping to meet up with the Miami Runner's Club for a Long Run.
Hope to be better by then.
Happy ALMOST Friday!


No comments:
Post a Comment