I had made plans but bailed on half of them and rearranged my run time. First I'd plan an AM Run at 6:10am, didn't happen. Then I scooted it to right after work at 5:00pm. Then I pushed it further to 6:00pm ... that's when I knew it was now or never!
The run started out well. I always run the first ~.10 faster than normal then I have to wait at the only congested street light I really have to cross on my route and then I usually catch my pace.
I did good for the first mile but I started to feel a cramp on the left side of my abs (which is unusual as I don't usually cramp) but I trudged along. I walked for a bit then started running again. I through the next .86m and I had to stop. I NEEDED WATER. I normally don't like to cross over into the golf course but I needed water so I asked one of the golfers and he very nicely told me where there was a water cooler. I WAS SO GRATEFUL! I felt well enough to continue walking (in my head I was going to finish my 3rd mile and call it quits when my Garmin beeped announcing 3 miles down and POOF, I was off running again. I lost my concentration and slowed down for a bit but I was still running and on the turn home I picked it up again. Before I knew it my Garmin beeped that I had run 5 miles. At this point I walked for a bit then picked it up again ( I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD IT IN ME!) and I ran the last little bit.I was completly spent!
Run 0.12 0:01:09 6.26 Run 1.00 0:10:38 5.64 Walked 0.15 0:03:01 2.99 Run 0.86 0:09:32 5.41 Walked 1.00 0:17:09 3.50 Run 0.42 0:04:55 5.13 Walked 0.58 0:08:18 4.19 Run 1.00 0:11:19 5.30 Walked 0.10 0:01:58 3.05 Run 0.27 0:03:11 5.08
I got home and did some stretching and found that my blister wrapping hadn't worked ... I should have listened to Julia about the duct tape (gonna try it next time, Julia! :) and one of my toe nails it looking a little shadey (I am going for new shoes tonight!) but overall still an ok run.
Finished up my run in 1:11:10 (not terrible considering I walked ... ALOT!)
I'm feeling better now mostly because I got out and ran. I think running recharges my batteries!
Also, a shout out to all the bloggy peeps at the CHICAGO MARATHON! Wishing all of you the best!
Wishing everyone a Happy Friday!
Hey Eliza!! I know you are new to my blog, but did you know I am moving to Miami this week?!! I am dying to find some running partners, so not sure here you are in Miami but seriously let me know if you are in a group or want to meet up!!
ReplyDelete