Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well, Yesterday's Tempo Run was less than stellar but I'll take it.

I ended up fiddling with my Garmin, as I always do when I run at the 1 Mile Loops park, no matter how much I promise myself I won't.
Run Warm-Up 0:13:00 Target 12:28mm
Run Mile 1 0:12:05 Target 10:49mm
Run Mile 2 0:11:28 Target 10:49mm
Walk Cool-Down 0:15:00 Target 12:28mm

I didn't hit my target once, but I'm still glad I got out there. And I think my Garmin is finally close to perfect (at least for now :)

On to Thankful Thursday:

  • I am thankful for care packages (i.e. killer race training kit) which I won for being a reader of Fair Weather Runner's blog.

    It contained: Nike Running Socks (used a pair yesterday, FABULOUS!), Cliff Shot Gel (she sent me awesome sounding flavors, but does anyone have any tips on how to make these not feel like SNOT!?!, Cliff Shot Blox (I heart them! and may I say cutting them up into 4 is GENIUS!?!?), Nathan Hand Held Bottle (for my longer runs), Body Glide (Which I will be using this weekend) and Gatorade Powder (which I recently rediscovered after multiple expensive attempts with other stuff!)

  • I am thankful for family and friends even though I have been taking a little bit of me, I want to be alone, Mr. Demille, time.

  • I am thankful for The Southern Vampire Mysteries (i.e. The True Blood Series) ... seriously, I'm totally hooked!

  • I am thankful for My IPOD. I've been trying to run more without it but some days it's the only thing that gets me out the door!

  • I am thankful for Bloggie Peeps like Discom-BOB-ulated Running, Chocolate Shoestrings, Fair Weather Runner, Run on Sentence, Mel Tries To Run who keep me motivates, give great advice and keep me informed on running tips and information :) Thanks to all of you!
    • On deck is an Easy 4 mi @ 12:28mm (Really liking that Runner's World: Smart Coach, Thanks again Discom-BOB-ulated Running)

      Thankfully Thursday!
      Photobucket

      No comments:

      Post a Comment