Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Migraines Mondays & Temperate Tuesdays

BAD NEWS: I haven't been feeling too great for the last 24 hours or so. I had a MILD migraine (i.e. Level 3 migraine on my migraine scale). It is my regular monthly migraine (the one I get every month right before my visit from Mother Nature).

GOOD NEWS: I have officially pretty much reduced my migraines from 4 out of 7 days a week (i.e. 180 days a year ... i.e. 15 days a month ... i.e. every other day) to 1 day a month and I no longer have Excruciatingly-Painful-persistent-hot-flashes-can-not-stand-light-or-sound-nausea/vomiting-crying-from-pain-Need-to-go-to-the-Hospital-Migraines (i.e. Level 10 migraine on my migraine scale)

That being said, my little Level 3 did knock me off my workout plan yesterday, POOH!

I was totally lazy and ended up having Pizza for dinner and Publix Moose Tracks Ice Cream for dessert (i.e. creamy chocolate ice cream with scrumptious peanut butter cups and rich Moose Tracks Fudge) making yesterday a total Eating Healthy and Light FAIL!?!

But I did do something good!

While I lazily watched TV and Facebooked and toyed on the computer, I noted the price had gone considerably down on the Garmin Forerunner 305 (probably due to the Garmin Forerunner 310XT which is waterproof).

So, I went ahead and ordered it as my Christmas Present to Myself!?!

I do admit I am a bit of Stat-Lover! It keeps me motivated and getting out there regardless of the fact that they aren't the most impressive STATS ... they are MY STATS and I LOVE THEM!

I also promised myself I needed to start taking my paces more seriously and working on some speed is going to be my next FOCUS!

So, this morning I drowsily opened my eyes to check the time to see if I could squeeze in another 5 minutes before the alarm rang and WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT: I WAS LATE!!!!

Alarm was set for 5:15 ... Alarm clock read 6:05! YIKES!

But instead of rolling over and getting another hour of sleep, I jumped up and rushed out the door!

Score 1 for me!

It was a beautiful TEMPERATE morning: 69° degrees with 93% humidity.

Today's run was a recovery run so I decide to keep it easy.

Mile 1: 0:12:19
Mile 2: 0:12:50
Mile 3: 0:13:25
Mile 4: 0:12:06
Extra: 0:05:18

I didn't get into it until another runner passed me as I started Mile 4 ... she wasn't the first one of the day ... but she made me realize I could run faster and that I was just being ... well ... LAZY!

I realized I need to focus more and push my body!

I haven't run a Great-Outstanding-Wanna-Puke run in ... well .... AGES!

I know that doesn't sound attractive but it's how I know I've run my all!

I realized haven't been pushing myself and just let myself run COMFORTABLY which is probably ABSOLUTELY why I have been slowing down the more I run!

Final stats:

Distance: 4.45
Time: 0:55:59
Pace: 12:35

Lesson learned: I can't just let my body decide my speed, I need to keep my head in the game!

Today I plan to do a DOUBLE-UP!

Don't worry it probably won't become a habit! But because I ran in the AM I am going to do some of my Strength Training to make up at least a little part of yesterday's workout ;)

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for buying a Garmin! They recently came out with a 405 which has caused the 305 to drop in price. Best Buy was selling them for $139 last week but you can't order them online for that price due to availability! Way to go! You'll love it! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete