Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Debriefing

I started off the weekend getting my 5 miler in before partaking in any festivities. It went really well.

Distance: 5.15 miles
Time: 1:00:00
Pace: 11:39

Finally a sub-12 min run. I hadn't been able to get sub-12 since the 13.1 Fort Lauderdale almost 3 weeks ago.

Then Mr. Boyfriend and I headed up for a well earned evening out to listen to some live music and spend some time with friends.

I pushed my Saturday 16 miler to Sunday because I knew we'd be getting home late ... and I was right ;}

Saturday slipped away in languid restful glory watching way too much TV and Taco Bell for dinner.

I tired to do a little core work but after trying a repeat of this core workout, I only got through the first set.

I was able to get to sleep early and up at 5am to find absolutely perfect long run weather. For me that now is: 61 degrees, 91% humidity, and overcast.

I set out for my longest run to date: 16 Miles.

I was worried, afraid and doubtful but I set out anyway and was holding my planned pace steady until at about 6 miles I got a rumbly in my tumbly and took the turn back home to use the rest room. I was afraid I would be cut short and end up with something in the 7 mile range.

Oh, Pooh!

But restroom break and a refill on my Camelbak later, I was out again.

I started running the same path all over again but this time after finishing it I ended up above and beyond what I was hoping for!

Finally tally:

Distance: 18.02 miles
Time: 3:51:02
Pace: 12:49

I have slain the 16 mile monster and the 18 mile monster with one shot and within my pace range! Yay me!

Hope everyone enjoys what's left of the weekend!
Photobucket

1 comment: