Friday, May 15, 2009

Challenges

I've been toying with doing the 100 Push-Up Challenge since I found out about it in March 2009, being that I am the only woman I know who thoroughly enjoys doing full-on-(none-of-this-girl-version-on-your-knees) Push-Ups.

Now, I'm not crazy.

I don't enjoy them because I enjoy doing them per-se but I do enjoy the rush that I get when I can show off in front of guys at the gym who stare in awe of a woman doing regular push-ups and can't help but stare a little longer than they should ;}

I was quite pleased to also find that along with the Push-Up Challenge, Steve Speirs (The Creator), has added the Two Hundred Sit-ups and Two Hundred Squats Challenges. He is even working on a book, although for now I think it is focused solely on the Push-Up portion of the challenges.

I've decided to do all three concurrently and took the initial tests last night.

Push-Ups: Did a total of 20 which ranked me at level 3, not bad for a girl :)

Sit-ups: Did 15 which ranked me at poor not surprising but still sad

Squat: Did 50 which ranked me at Excellent and allows me to skip ahead to Week 3 :D
Although the tests didn't take much longer than 10 or so minutes, I broke into a sweat and felt like I'd worked out ... even though it really just counts as one set really ... imagine when I do my 5 sets of each over the next 7 weeks. :)

I was also thinking about adding Lunges but am afraid that might be overdoing it on the legs. Oh, well.

Day One will be Sunday, May 17th.

Stay tuned.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment