Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why I Need To Run

I'm a pragmatist.

I know I don't run because I enjoy the act itself but the rewards I reap from it. For me, these rewards reach further than general health and fitness and overall feeling of self worth.

For me, running cures my migraines.

I have been a migraine sufferer for close to 15 years. In that time, I have been tested by various specialists of varying degrees and they have in essences conquered that my migraines are caused by excess consumption of carbohydrates and lack of exercise.

My migraines have varied from dull pain to excruciating with side effects of nausea, hot flashes, sensitivity to sound and light and even vomiting. My migraines can last multiple days and have varied in frequency up to 4 to 5 times a week.

But when I run, My migraines are nonexistent.

I won't venture to explain why or call it empirical scientific proof.

I just know that I need to run.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment