Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tough Wednesdays

Last night, I did my first Interval run.

I was looking for a 400M (.25M) course and found that my block is 500M (.31M) around, so I decided that was close enough and rather convenient being that it's right outside my front door.

I decided to do my P90X Extreme Home Fitness Chest and Back workout first and then do my 5 X 500 intervals run followed by the P90X Extreme Home Fitness Ab-Ripper the finish it all off.

I didn't remember how much I didn't particularly like the Push-Up/Pull-Up cycle being that it's HARD WORK ... but managed to push through the workout.

The Intervals were tough as well. I didn't realize how hard it was to keep running fast for 500M and while I was doing the workout wondered if I would do it again ... in hind sight I may want to keep looking for a 400M course until I get in slightly better shape. I decided to add a T-Loop as a cool down bringing my mileage total to 2.25 for the day. Not a lot ... but more than expected.

The P90X Extreme Home Fitness Ab-Ripper workout was tough too ... claiming Wednesday as my HARD WORKOUTS DAYS 3-fold.

I may want to re-adjust my training schedule or I may want to just keep it as my Tough Wednesday ... haven't decided yet.

Afterward, I forgot to have EAS-Premium Protein Powder Recovery Shake which was probably better since it was already nearing 8pm.

I had a quick and easy Spanish Omelet I made by taking Hash browns and chopped onions in a putting them in a baking dish covered with 2 eggs. It came out great! Definitely will do that recipe again.

Today I tried (for the 2nd time in a row) to wake up at 5:30am for a run but ended up snoozing instead, so tonight I have a 3 miler penciled in and I'm hoping the afternoon rains will subside long enough to let me get it done at the park rather than the treadmill.

Keep your fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment