Sunday, May 10, 2009

Absense makes the heart grow fonder

I am still trying to recover from a very sore knee. Today, I did a 4.2 mile walk with my mom at a reasonable 17min pace but my knee seems to be getting worse. Again I don't think I stretched enough in the after portion of the work out and am become more and more concerned.

I've done a little bit of research and found that the soreness I am feeling is not uncommon and can be improved or even repaired with strength training to the muscles around the the offending appendage.

In this case:

Exercises for the muscles that surround the knee include quadriceps strengthening exercises, hamstring strengthening exercises, and calf strengthening exercises.
For now, it's ice and rest (as much as that frustrates me).

Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym and do the eliptical which will reduce strain on my knee and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment