Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thankfully Thursday

I woke up this morning thankful it was Thursday already. It's definitely a good start to the day.

I am also thankful that I didn't wake up terribly sore from my 6 miler yesterday and thankfully the nausea from trying to over hydrate after the run was gone by the time I started to fall asleep.

I have really got to figure something out with my hydration on the run!

Yesterday I didn't take my camelbak because as I was setting it up it got all wet from a leak I could not locate ... it wasn't cracked or broken anywhere but somehow it kept getting all wet. So I decided to go it with only my 2 shot bloks. I took one at the start and one at the end of mile 2 because I had no real expectation if getting to 6 miles at that time, rain was immenent so I just wanted to sneak in a short run and at that time I was thinking 4 miles max. Then I passed the 4 mile turn around and made it to the 5 mile turn around and once I returned and made it back to my divergence point (where I could extend my run by .5 , 1.25 or even 1.5 miles) I took the 1.25 mile extension course before starting my .75m back home. Towards the turn around of my extension the clouds started to rumble and I wondered if I had made a mistake ... I had gotten slightly wet in the begining of the run from some light rain showers but this looked like a full on torential down pour. "Oh, well" I thought and kept on going.
Mile 1 11:58.3
Mile 2 12:07.9
Mile 3 12:25.7
Mile 4 11:09.3
Mile 5 11:25.3
Mile 6 11:40.0
Extra 03:21.7
I didn't do my challenge sets YET AGAIN! I have really got to get back on that. But atleast I got through a few GRE Quantatative Test Practices so the evening was not a total loss :)

Hmmm ... what am I thankful for today!

  1. Developers who finally listen to you after 2 years ... FINALLY! :)
  2. Quiet evenings at home while the boys are out playing poker.
  3. New challenges and sticking to your plan to beat them!
  4. Finding friends you haven't seen since you spent the summer's at your dad's house on a mountain in Puerto Rico when you were a teenager on Facebook!
Hoping you have a terrific Thursday!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I suggest hiding your water along your route. Just make sure it's in water bottles you don't care about getting tossed in case someone thinks they are trash.

    Great job on the run!!!

    Old friends on facebook is always a good time. Happy Thursday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you checked out some of the smaller hydration handhelds? i love my amphipod (22 oz) bottle and i read about a 10 oz fuelbelt handheld on Morgan's blog. definitely worth testing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in agreement with B.o.B. and Karena, you can get a hand-held that will hold anywhere from 16-22 oz comfortably. I use one from Ultimate Direction (20oz)...and for longer runs drop some water then you can refill your hand-held or plan a route by a convenience store

    Happy running

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 miles! Terrific! Love your new pic too.

    A friend of mine just got a tiny little hydration belt and its changed his life, he says. I have bubblers on my track, so I don't worry about water too much.

    ReplyDelete