Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

I was researching my foot falling asleep issue from last's weeks post: Yuk, McDonalds? which happened again yesterday on my Monday Make up albeit a lot less than last time.

I found lots of posts accusing tight and misfitting shoes but considering that both runs were done with different shoes with which I have run quite well in the past I didn't think that was the answer.

I found a post on runner's world from LizardJedi:
I've gotten this before too, and I've linked it to a hamstring issue.
Mine have ALWAYS been really tight (and I've had issues with them before), and sometimes after running or stretching my feet will fall asleep, and my ex-PT and I figured that it was the muscles tighnting up and cutting off circulation (it was usually a lot better after stretching).

So maybe try stretching a bit more?
I figured it was worth a shot.

I made sure to stretch my hamstrings well and today's run went well.

Although my run today did end up being cut short due to the weather. I was forced to convert my run into 400s and was able to complete 9 before the weather kicked it up a notch. Here are my splits:
02:34.4
02:42.2
02:44.0
02:41.0
02:38.6
02:35.0
02:43.3
02:41.0
02:41.8

I was also able to fit in my challenges. I finally did some push ups, sit-ups and squats once I got home.

ChallengesPush-UpsSit-UpsSquats
Set 16913
Set 281216
Set 36913
Set 46913
Set 57+ (Did 8)10+ (Did 12)13+ (Did 15)

Also, Check out the great Yoga Mat giveaway from "And Her Little Dog Too"

Have a great day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment