Friday, June 19, 2009

Blisters and Dreams

I woke up even more sore this morning (that will teach me not to stretch after running) but I am still feeling great about yesterday's workout which may explain the dream I had last night.

Normally, when I run in my dreams I am sluggish, slow and usually dragging one of my limbs (don't ask me why) ... but last night in my dream I was running on a trail away from some people who wanted to hurt me and not only did my dreams move at normal speed ... when I ran I ran fast (not cheetah fast but normal fast as you would like to when you are running away from something chasing you). When I woke up I felt like I had won the chase and gotten away :) until I felt the soreness from yesterday's workout :) hehe

Today's workout will be an easy day ... hitting the elliptical for 60 min and then the bike for 20min.

I am nursing my blister. I finally feel like a real runner (in my head only real runners get blisters). Last night I used some Vitamin A&D ointment (left over from my last tattoo) and it seems to be working wonders. That stuff is so great for the skin. :)

Then today on my way in to work, I had an epiphany. I realized (two and a half years later) that I realized my dream of working at a software company (based on watching Hackers and Anti-Trust too many times). It took me a while to realize that ... but knock one more off the bucket list (131 of 311 currently completed :)

Oh, what a happy Friday!
Photobucket

1 comment: