Thursday, June 18, 2009

Improving

I had such a great workout I couldn't wait to write.

Today, I went straight to the gym after work today and the first thing I did was bee-line for the treadmill. I was not going to let my fear of running get the best of me today. After a 5min warm-up I set the treadmill at 5.6 pace and kept it going for a whole 3.1 miles. I ran a whole 5K with no walking breaks. I think that is the longest distance I've ever run straight (well, other than the 7 mile bridge where I was motivated by the fear of the bus chasing behind us).

I reached a new PR.

5K in 33:30.

Doesn't sound like much but it's a vast improvement for me.

Also considering that at the end of mile two I started to develop my first blister (which I consider a badge of honor! :)

I tried to fix my shoe once I did 5K but had no success so I jumped off the treadmill and hit the stationary bike where I logged 7.2 miles in 20min. I am trying to strengthen my bicycling muscles for when I finally get my bicycle and venture to learn to ride it (yes, you heard that right, I don't know how to ride a bicycle ... YET! :)

I had some time left so I started my 10-20-30 sets. I do 10 Push-ups, 20 Sit-ups and 30 Squats. I got through 4 sets before my agoraphobia beat out my OCD and I couldn't deal with the crowd that developed in the calisthenics area of the gym.

Overall a great workout, except that I forgot to stretch :\ and now I'm sore.

Oh, well ... still a great workout :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment