I decided to start with my challenges for a change this time (like I used to in my ROTC days). It always seemed to work then so why not give it a shot.
Challenges went like this:
Set 1: 10 push-up, 20 Sit-ups, 30 Squats + hold for 10 sec
Set 2: 10 push-up, 20 Sit-ups, 30 Squats + hold for 10 sec
Set 3: 10 push-up, 20 Sit-ups, 30 Squats + hold for 10 sec
Set 4: 10 push-up, 20 Sit-ups, 30 Squats + hold for 10 sec
Set 5: Maxed 15 push-up, Maxed 22 Sit-ups (needed Bosu for assist), Maxed 35 Squats + hold for 15 sec
After that, I felt a mild nausea but still had to do my run. So I started off easy and warmed up for for a half mile (instead of usual .25M) then jumped right in. Pushed myself to keep at least a 5.6 (my PR which I reached last week) and decided to up it at least one to 5.7 ... was able to keep it there about 90% of the time (kept moving from 5.6 to 5.7 to 5.8 and back again).
I forgot to stretch after and boy am I paying for it today :\
But I reached another PR for a 5K in 32:38 (although my 5M time from Sunday is still a little better on the pace).
Today I have Hills scheduled and am actually excited about it. I seems that every time I do variable inclines I get a speed boost :) Can't wait!
Awesome job on the PR! You are kicking some booty! Thank the lord it's hump day!
ReplyDelete